main site
latest twittering
last fm playlist


 
blogroll

  
< # Blogging Brits ? >
< # Girls Blog UK ? >
< # Redhead Blogs ? >
< # Verbosity ? >

   
fads
latest del.icio.us

badges
Click here to find out why.
Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Listed on Blogwise
atom feed

Subscribe with Bloglines
Get Firefox!
The British Bloggers Directory.
 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com


  

Friday Never Hesitate

Things must be bad if I'm quoting The Cure, as if it's the 1980s and I'm a teenager in my first crushed velvet top. I didn't even like The Cure back then but merely pretended to to fit in with my fellow freaks and geeks. The trouble with music from your teen years is that, even if since then you have found music more suited to you, you can't recapture that fleeting thrilling agonising passion as when you first heard the slide at the start How Soon Is Now?. Or whatever it was that made you gasp in recognition. I'm also alarmed at how well I know the choruses to bad SAW songs, but that's another matter.

It's Friday night and I'm settling in with a beer and a book and not being the least bit bothered by that. This is my only quiet weekend of the month, although it does still include a girls' night out to see Pirates on Sunday, so I want to enjoy the tranquility of solitude.

Cabinets of Curiosities looks set to be published in September as planned. I'm a little stalled on Disruption on the Line due to realising that I'd have to watch The Lake House to check it wasn't too similar. It was a bit close, although I have no intention of having a Keanu who's eaten all the pies and is hiding his chin in a poloneck playing my male protagonist. i'm giving some thought to the Amazon Shorts. John Scalzi on Whatever breaks down the pros and cons of the scheme, and I'm thinking - knowing sales figures and print runs etc of my traditionally published work - that it would be on the whole be a good thing to get involved in. It seems to work on an iTunes for writing principle which I rather like the idea of. I need a story to put up there, of course, so I should put in a few hours on the ideas over this weekend.

The house is still (mostly) at base-1 clean, although Sébastian embarassed me last Friday by leaving a present on the rug to greet the houseguest. Way to impress a person, although they did remark it was rather like CSI: Devon seeing me picking up a bird's mortal remains and popping them into a plastic bag.

Sébastian's running kill count:
  • Rodents:
    Mice - 16
    Voles - 4
  • Birds:
    Sparrows - 3
    Dunnocks - 1
    Uncertain - 1 2
  • Other:
    Frogs - 1
    Unidentifiable remains - 2

I feel like I may be neglecting the grouch due to real life things, but that's mostly because the real life things are not grouchable. If you set up a blog to waffle about your everyday annoyances, gripes and grumbles, what happens when there is nothing to grouch about?

--
Posted @ 8:52 pm on Friday, July 14, 2006
| | #