main site
latest twittering
last fm playlist


 
blogroll

  
< # Blogging Brits ? >
< # Girls Blog UK ? >
< # Redhead Blogs ? >
< # Verbosity ? >

   
fads
latest del.icio.us

badges
Click here to find out why.
Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Listed on Blogwise
atom feed

Subscribe with Bloglines
Get Firefox!
The British Bloggers Directory.
 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com


  

CSI: Devon

  • Rodents:
    Mice - 16 17
    Voles - 4
  • Birds:
    Sparrows - 3
    Dunnocks - 1
    Uncertain - 2
  • Other:
    Frogs - 1
    Unidentifiable remains - 2

In an attempt to outfox me (outcat me?) Sébastian hid this one under the rug. Thankfully I wondered what he was up to, as he made scrabbling and growling sounds, before walking over it.

I needn't have feared running low on blogging material, not living where I do. Saturday night and I went to bed at 1am, or maybe a bit after. I was woken at 3.45am by an almighty crashing sound, followed by yelling in the street. Ah, I thought, pissheads. But the noise worried me since normally I sleep through the post-club yellings and bus-shelter beatings. I got up and investigated.

My entire down drainpipe has vanished.

Two clips were in the road, along with a thrown takeaway portion of chips and a banner that had been ripped off the neighbouring school gates, but of the pipe there was no sign. Whether it was a fight or just pissing about, why take the whole length of pipe away? That's about 15 feet of drainpipe. Given there was swearing and running right after the loud noise, you'd think they'd abandon the ripped away pipe...

So now I need to get a handyman in to repair it and I'll have to pay for new drainpiping instead of just refitting the torn down pipe. Grrr.

--
Posted @ 8:59 am on Monday, July 17, 2006
| | #