main site
latest twittering
last fm playlist


 
blogroll

  
< # Blogging Brits ? >
< # Girls Blog UK ? >
< # Redhead Blogs ? >
< # Verbosity ? >

   
fads
latest del.icio.us

badges
Click here to find out why.
Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Listed on Blogwise
atom feed

Subscribe with Bloglines
Get Firefox!
The British Bloggers Directory.
 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com


  

Is that from 'Accessorize'?

stepsThe chap and I dashed along Holborn last week in order to pick up the ring (or "the bling", or "the thing", depending how freaked I was at any given moment) during our lunch break. After two visits to Hatton Garden, including one with appointments at a very nice attic studio recommended by someone at work and at the place we eventually went with, I had overcome my shyness around expensive jewelery. So we ordered this art deco ring from The London Victorian Ring Company, fitted with a square cut ruby that I chose myself. It's shiny! In some kind of automatic learned action from my mother, when I got back home I immediately cleaned out a dish to sit on the window sill and hold it whilst I'm doing the washing up.

Continuing the red theme, progress has started on the outfit. I know, there's a year to go and minor details like a venue should really be a priority, but Kel will be handmaking this suit for me. In a ruby red, natch, but without that hat.

I'm still a bit 'eep' about things, and convinced that too much online chatter will jinx things, but when something has happened I guess it is safe to blog about it...

Labels: ,

--
Posted @ 8:06 pm on Wednesday, March 19, 2008
| | #