main site
latest twittering
last fm playlist


 
blogroll

  
< # Blogging Brits ? >
< # Girls Blog UK ? >
< # Redhead Blogs ? >
< # Verbosity ? >

   
fads
latest del.icio.us

badges
Click here to find out why.
Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Listed on Blogwise
atom feed

Subscribe with Bloglines
Get Firefox!
The British Bloggers Directory.
 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com


  

Scissors, paper, rock

I may be facing a unique dilemma: how do you pick between two good hairdressers. Not how do you find a good stylist: every woman knows that is done through demanding to know who cuts a friend's hair and then switching to them. And switching hairdressers is normally easy: you go to the new one, the one you've poached from a friend, and forget the previous one existed. I'm in the different position of having to chose between two equally good - but different - hairdressers at the same salon.

I've been with K for a while, having loved their work on a friend. A few weeks ago I had to have a cut and K was on holiday. With massive amounts of trepidation, I accepted the salon's suggestion of J. When you have a thickcut fringe bang on your eyebrows, a new stylist is terrifying: they're going to put scissors right next to your eyes. And a new stylist also means explaining your current cut instead of saying "about an inch off". K and J are very different personalities. K is that most blissful of things: a silent stylist. J is camper than John Barrowman. K knows my cut and dries it messy or neat depending on my need. J changed the style a bit but did a lovely job of drying it so it was pure Manga cartoon. I sort of want to continue with J but I also want to stay with K. I need my hair cutting this week, and Tuesday is the only free day. But both J and K work on Tuesdays so I have to choose between them....argh!


Meanwhile: Sébastian's new kill count:

  • Rodents:
    Rats - 1
    Mice - 35 36
    Voles - 11
  • Birds:
    Sparrows - 5
    Dunnocks - 1
    Robin - 1
    Wood-pigeon - 1
    Uncertain - 8
  • Other:
    Frogs - 1
    Unidentifiable remains - 3

Labels: ,

--
Posted @ 5:02 pm on Saturday, March 29, 2008
| | #