main site
latest twittering
last fm playlist


 
blogroll

  
< # Blogging Brits ? >
< # Girls Blog UK ? >
< # Redhead Blogs ? >
< # Verbosity ? >

   
fads
latest del.icio.us

badges
Click here to find out why.
Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Listed on Blogwise
atom feed

Subscribe with Bloglines
Get Firefox!
The British Bloggers Directory.
 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com


  

Musical chairs

After some umming and ahhing, I've decided to stick to just iTunes. This means giving up a player I've used for ten years or thereabouts but iTunes has a trick Winamp doesn't*. ITunes's smart playlists mean I can use the 'comments' field like a tag. So last night I wrote "garage, lo fi, j-garage, covers" in the comments field for Long Tall Sally by The 5,6,7,8's, and the track was instantly added to a playlist of all tracks with "covers" in the comment field. Along with Marc Almond's Like A Prayer and The Delgados' Mr Blue Sky. Admittedly, that is a strange playlist but the key thing is that it is automatic: I add the comments and the playlists are built in the background. Web 2.0 functionality, oh yes.

*or, at least, I haven't found it yet.

Labels: ,

--
Posted @ 7:18 pm on Tuesday, October 02, 2007
| | #