main site
latest twittering
last fm playlist


 
blogroll

  
< # Blogging Brits ? >
< # Girls Blog UK ? >
< # Redhead Blogs ? >
< # Verbosity ? >

   
fads
latest del.icio.us

badges
Click here to find out why.
Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Listed on Blogwise
atom feed

Subscribe with Bloglines
Get Firefox!
The British Bloggers Directory.
 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com


  

Modern Love

These days, having the banns read out doesn't really work. Especially if you're atheists with no intention of setting foot inside your parish church. Based on the fact that the chap and I got engaged on Monday, modern 'banns' consist of:

  • telling the parents via the traditional medium of the phone
  • emailing a friend in the States
  • texting various friends in the UK
    (at which point the text messages goes mad as they reply and the chap's mates - who he just told in the pub - start texting to say "don't do it!")
  • updating your Facebook status
  • blogging about it
I still have to write to my siblings but there we go. The initial reaction has given me a tiny terrifying insight into why weddings become scary monsters but I think I'll be stubborn enough to ensure we get what we want rather than what the wedding hooha pressures people into getting.

Eep.

Labels:

--
Posted @ 8:23 am on Wednesday, October 24, 2007
| | #