main site
latest twittering
last fm playlist


 
blogroll

  
< # Blogging Brits ? >
< # Girls Blog UK ? >
< # Redhead Blogs ? >
< # Verbosity ? >

   
fads
latest del.icio.us

badges
Click here to find out why.
Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Listed on Blogwise
atom feed

Subscribe with Bloglines
Get Firefox!
The British Bloggers Directory.
 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com


  

Death doesn't take a holiday

Sébastian's new kill count:

  • Rodents:
    Rats - 1
    Mice - 30 31
    Voles - 10
  • Birds:
    Sparrows - 4
    Dunnocks - 1
    Robin - 1
    Uncertain - 8
  • Other:
    Frogs - 1
    Unidentifiable remains - 3

Could have been a vole, I didn't really check.

I'm a fan of working smarter, not harder. This is like the cat's hunting technique of stuffing his greedy face with meow mix then hanging around in the garden waiting to kill any poor creature passing by and leaving the uneaten corpse for me. The problem with working smarter not harder is forcing yourself to go slower. I'm trying to make myself actually read things magazine, rather than skim it for the first random item which catches my eye. I'm trying to print off research work to read on the trains rather than stay late reading it at my desk (tricky that, printing is bad for the planet, m'kay? But reading on a PC screen is also bad...).

Rereading some of the stuff I've flagged in del.icio.us, I've realised I have started implementing them. I always did make notes in a single pad, but now I draw up my to do list at the end of the day: it means I can round up all my thoughts, like penning sheep for the night, and be ready come the morning. My work inbox is under control (although googlemail is a bit more of a struggle). Admittedly, I set myself foolish evening tasks (still working on those 1900 mp3s to be sorted out), but it feels rather nice to have the time to potentially fill with sorting hundreds of mp3s, or catch up with the book reading. Like Séba, I'm hanging around waiting to pounce on things.

--
Posted @ 10:06 pm on Monday, October 08, 2007
| | #