main site
latest twittering
last fm playlist


 
blogroll

  
< # Blogging Brits ? >
< # Girls Blog UK ? >
< # Redhead Blogs ? >
< # Verbosity ? >

   
fads
latest del.icio.us

badges
Click here to find out why.
Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Listed on Blogwise
atom feed

Subscribe with Bloglines
Get Firefox!
The British Bloggers Directory.
 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com


  

Still on holiday

We spent New Year's Eve at FROG at the Kentish Town Forum. Apart from anything else, it's a walk of just about the right length from the flat. The venue is an old dilapidated cinema, still retaining a warren of back corridors and a balcony where a couple of unfortunate bouncers had to keep people from dancing right by the edge. One little backroom was playing different music to the main hall - at one point it was 60s J-pop (or sounded like it). Someone told me where to find a secret set of female toilets, so I spent zero time stuck in queues for the bog. The bands were The Rumble Strips (decent ska-lite stuff), The Young Knives (er, I don't remember, but I liked them best) and Larrakin Love (Pogues-lite darlings of the NME). The beer was total shite, though.

My bad gig photos continue:
The Young Knives

I didn't get any shots at the Pipettes' Xmas party but the chap did, so I shall link when he gets around to posting them (ETA: ta-da!). The support were Misty's Big Adventure (great) and I spent much time marvelling at the expansion of The Pipettes, given that I first saw them in a pub back room. Here they had a full lighting rig, a strings section and a costume change between the main set and the encore (black dresses with sparkly detail). And, when they finished on 'All I Want For Christmas (Is You)' the audience was showered in 'snow'. It was an all ages gig, so I spent a fair bit of time spotting tenny fans, some of whom were not merely wearing the polka dots but had full replicas of Rosay's stage outfit. So cute!

Labels: ,

--
Posted @ 6:46 pm on Monday, January 01, 2007
| | #