main site
latest twittering
last fm playlist


 
blogroll

  
< # Blogging Brits ? >
< # Girls Blog UK ? >
< # Redhead Blogs ? >
< # Verbosity ? >

   
fads
latest del.icio.us

badges
Click here to find out why.
Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Listed on Blogwise
atom feed

Subscribe with Bloglines
Get Firefox!
The British Bloggers Directory.
 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com


  

Rose, I'm trying to resonate concrete!

Sometimes, fanfic becomes depressing. If you read it, you start getting sulky at the derth of gem-like writing amidst the torrents of pointlessness. Doctor Who fiction is even worse because, you know, some of us old skool Who writers started in fanfic in the old days of printed 'zines. And now there's just mountains of stuff unthinkingly churned out.

So a couple of writers who do fanfic on the side have decided to create a Who fanfic archive where the work will be submitted and approved instead of an open submission portal. A little quality control, that's all. Kelly Hale, my latte sister, has been writing Buffy fanfic when not writing novels* and short fiction and is a fine writer of old and new skool Who fic. Like Tiny Human Heads. She's one of the people involved in the new archive project, and I've promised to write the odd piece for it, under my real writing name not my fanfic pen-name.

But they need to name the archive: go and vote here!
I'm torn between:

Lost Luggage

Ace: Don't you have things you hate?
The Doctor: I can't stand burnt toast. I loathe bus stations - terrible places, full of lost luggage and lost souls. And then there's unrequited love, and tyranny, and cruelty.

from Ghost Light

Resonating Concrete

Rose: Doesn't the universe implode or something if you... 'dance'?
The Doctor: Well, I've got the moves, but I wouldn't like to boast.
Rose: You got the moves? Show me your moves.
The Doctor: Rose, I'm... trying to resonate concrete.
Rose: Jack'll get us out. Come on. The world doesn't end if the Doctor dances.

from The Doctor Dances

Space Age Clockwork

The Doctor: Oh, you are beautiful! No, really, you are, you're gorgeous! Look at that! Space-age clockwork, I love it, I've got chills! Listen, seriously, I mean this from the heart - and by the way, count those - it would be a crime, it would be an act of vandalism to disassemble you.
[holds up sonic screwdriver]
But that won't stop me.

from The Girl in the Fireplace

So vote today and watch this space for news of its eventual launch.

*her novel, Erasing Sherlock, is available to pre-order from Mad Norwegian Press (and amazon dot com and amazon dot co dot uk). It has Sherlock Holmes and kissing.

Labels: ,

--
Posted @ 9:15 pm on Tuesday, October 31, 2006
| | #