main site
latest twittering
last fm playlist


 
blogroll

  
< # Blogging Brits ? >
< # Girls Blog UK ? >
< # Redhead Blogs ? >
< # Verbosity ? >

   
fads
latest del.icio.us

badges
Click here to find out why.
Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Listed on Blogwise
atom feed

Subscribe with Bloglines
Get Firefox!
The British Bloggers Directory.
 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com


  

Londoner? Want a book from the US?

Crockett & Powell are a small independent bookshop on Lower Marsh SE1. I came across them via their blog, but have been in and got the odd book for the train home from them. They've just started using a US wholesaler so now, if you want a book ordered from the US, you can use them instead of amazon dot com. The delivery time will be good and you get that warm Grauniad-reader feeling of supporting a local independent retailer.

I've slowly become utterly addicted to Lower Marsh, due to working in Lambeth quite a bit. There's Crockett & Powell, Radio Days, Scooterworks, and a (Turkish?) cafe where the train drivers from Waterloo all go. I discovered that last week, when I had an hour to kill before a train back. I wasn't sure Perdoni's would be open on a Sunday, but I didn't want to be pay Costa's station prices for a coffee and danish. Five minutes exploration brought me to this other cafe, where I had a mug of tea and two slices of jam'n'toast before going back into the station for my train.

--
Posted @ 5:18 pm on Saturday, February 11, 2006
| | #