main site
latest twittering
last fm playlist


 
blogroll

  
< # Blogging Brits ? >
< # Girls Blog UK ? >
< # Redhead Blogs ? >
< # Verbosity ? >

   
fads
latest del.icio.us

badges
Click here to find out why.
Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Listed on Blogwise
atom feed

Subscribe with Bloglines
Get Firefox!
The British Bloggers Directory.
 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com


  

Fishes of the day


Fishes of the day
Originally uploaded by Mags.

St Thomas is an odd bit of Exeter. Only made part of the city at the turn of the 1900s, it still retains something of its outcast status from the 1600s and 1700s when all the undesireables were locked out of the city itself at night. A side-effect of that is that we have a high ratio of independent shops compared to the high street (note to self - find link re clone cities). Every working day, as I start along the main street, this chap is already padlocked to a road signpost, and already has his list of offers up.

As you might imagine, the first time I saw him, about three months back, I did a double-take. there's a five foot high fish trying to sell me other fish! What the---? I'm now rather used to him, especially if I see the fishmongers wheeling him back to his home at the end of the day.

The place is called 'fishes', by the way. That's not a typo.

--
Posted @ 4:49 pm on Friday, October 28, 2005
| | #