main site
latest twittering
last fm playlist


 
blogroll

  
< # Blogging Brits ? >
< # Girls Blog UK ? >
< # Redhead Blogs ? >
< # Verbosity ? >

   
fads
latest del.icio.us

badges
Click here to find out why.
Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Listed on Blogwise
atom feed

Subscribe with Bloglines
Get Firefox!
The British Bloggers Directory.
 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com


  

these shoes! they fit perfectly!

I love my consnew shoes!
lovely new moss green and pink low top all star converse.

These babies join the existing gang
A concise history of my cons 1998-2005

Just why are cons the design classic beloved by both freaks and geeks? I saw my first real pair in about 1980, and bought my first pair (neon yellow hi tops) in the mid-80s. When you open the box, there they are, snuggled together and emitting a smell of new rubber. They promise kicking around for hours with nowt to do but scuff up the white trim. Worn with a suit they say "yeah, I may work now, but I'm not giving in just yet", worn with old jeans and a scruffy tee they say "yeah? what?". For what is technically a sports shoe, what it never says is 'sports'. I love knowing I can just order a 39 and know they will fit. I love the fact every pair I own has worn out in exactly the same spots because the design never changes. I love the fact the 'all star' tab on the back gives you something to aim at when kicking them off still laced up. I love my cons.

And did I mention the new Doctor wears a pair? Oh, I did...

--
Posted @ 12:01 am on Wednesday, September 07, 2005
| | #