main site
latest twittering
last fm playlist


 
blogroll

  
< # Blogging Brits ? >
< # Girls Blog UK ? >
< # Redhead Blogs ? >
< # Verbosity ? >

   
fads
latest del.icio.us

badges
Click here to find out why.
Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Listed on Blogwise
atom feed

Subscribe with Bloglines
Get Firefox!
The British Bloggers Directory.
 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com


  

I mean, you gotta be somebody, don't ya?

Click to see Tennant as the 10th Doctor.

Back in '79/'80 one of my siblings dressed just like this. Seriously. Right down to the battered white sneakers under a pinstripe suit. And the hair. I knew mod and ska stuff before I was even watching Doctor Who. I have a stronger memory of crying when the Jam broke up than I do of the Tom Baker / Peter Davison regeneration. There was a kid at our school who had a fishtail parka with the Who logo painted on the back. These first hand memories of the time also explain why I love the Blue Monday comic, obviously.

Steph: Going to be one of the faces?
Jimmy: What do you mean going to be? I AM one of the faces!

So, time rolls forward and suddenly there's a skinny-arsed Doctor with a dirty grin and a crumpled suit, as if he's stepped out of my memories of 1980. All street riots, punks and mods. All council estates, scooters and old cars with Ghost Town blaring out and sirens wailing. And they've even put the companion in a parka.

This is some parallel universe, right? Right?

--
Posted @ 12:36 am on Tuesday, July 26, 2005
| | #