main site
latest twittering
last fm playlist


 
blogroll

  
< # Blogging Brits ? >
< # Girls Blog UK ? >
< # Redhead Blogs ? >
< # Verbosity ? >

   
fads
latest del.icio.us

badges
Click here to find out why.
Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Listed on Blogwise
atom feed

Subscribe with Bloglines
Get Firefox!
The British Bloggers Directory.
 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com


  

A real kill. A good kill. It takes pure artistry.

I glance around when I hear paws padding across the kitchen. Good, I think, the cat who can't understand catflaps has come back and I can lock the back door up for the night. Hm, I think, as he continues into the lounge, what's that he's go----oh, gods. It's his first kill. A tiny field mouse corpse, looking all chewed and battered.

The command "drop it!" works. For about half a second, before he takes it back off and goes to play with it in the comfort of--- "No! Do NOT drop the corpse on my shoes!" Corpse is duly dropped right next to the most expensive pair. I fetch kitchen towel and attempt to get to dead body lying beside my Jones' strappy wedges. Sébastian is guarding his victim from me. Several annoyed "leave it!"s later and I get to the mouse. It is very dead: tiny black bead eyes sit blankly and one leg is looking worryingly flat.

Only this afternoon, I was saying that there had been no presents yet and wondering if it was his size, his injuries or his stupidity. Now I know it was none of these: it was his innate sense of ironic timing.

--
Posted @ 12:16 am on Monday, June 20, 2005
| | #