main site
latest twittering
last fm playlist


 
blogroll

  
< # Blogging Brits ? >
< # Girls Blog UK ? >
< # Redhead Blogs ? >
< # Verbosity ? >

   
fads
latest del.icio.us

badges
Click here to find out why.
Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Listed on Blogwise
atom feed

Subscribe with Bloglines
Get Firefox!
The British Bloggers Directory.
 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com


  

electronic voodoo thinking #1

I use a little freeware app, Rainlender, as my organiser. Tonight I got around to entering birthdays into it, with handy reminders set etc. I am highly skilled at forgetting birthdays. As I started adding them I became intensely paranoid about double-checking I had "yearly event" ticked, as if only entering the event once would call down the loa and doom the person to die within the year. This is obviously an electronic version of the superstitions about spending Hallowe'en in a church porch or the like. Really, all that would happen if I forgot to tag it as "yearly" is that I would once again forget a siblings' birthday and be osterisized but still I found myself cross-checking.

It naturally occurs to me, after that, that I could also deliberately curse someone using the same tool. If I know their birthday...

--
Posted @ 10:12 pm on Monday, June 06, 2005
| | #