main site
latest twittering
last fm playlist


 
blogroll

  
< # Blogging Brits ? >
< # Girls Blog UK ? >
< # Redhead Blogs ? >
< # Verbosity ? >

   
fads
latest del.icio.us

badges
Click here to find out why.
Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Listed on Blogwise
atom feed

Subscribe with Bloglines
Get Firefox!
The British Bloggers Directory.
 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com


  

Into the Valley of the White Horse

Long-term readers may recall that last year I went to an excellent arts festival in Oxfordshire, which included listening to talks I wasn't expecting to go to, climbing a strange tower, having a Bernard-esque epiphany which caused me to stop smoking* and reading poetry aloud in a pub backroom.

This year's festival website has just gone live: Faringdon Arts Festival Website. Highlights for me include the wonderful Gywneth Jones, the erudite Briggsy Stephen Briggs, the fabulous-and-why-isn't-everyone-reading-him-yet? Jasper Fforde and Brian Aldiss (about whom I have no adjectives because he's the only one I've not met before). Oh! And Glenn Tilbrook of Squeeze in concert. The whole thing is from 1st-10th July, but the 9th/10th are the days with the headline stuff. I was thinking about doing some walking about the Vale of the White Horse this summer so I may try to combine things. Also gives me a chance to catch up with the BE and his family.

If the line-up sounds enticing, check out the (lack of) prices. Yes, most events are free.


*aside from the odd lapse in a club when I become one of those irrating non-smokers who scrounges fags off the smokers.

--
Posted @ 10:57 am on Monday, May 02, 2005
| | #