main site
latest twittering
last fm playlist


 
blogroll

  
< # Blogging Brits ? >
< # Girls Blog UK ? >
< # Redhead Blogs ? >
< # Verbosity ? >

   
fads
latest del.icio.us

badges
Click here to find out why.
Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Listed on Blogwise
atom feed

Subscribe with Bloglines
Get Firefox!
The British Bloggers Directory.
 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com


  

55 Days In Peking

Ah, Sunday matinees on TV. If you're bored tomorrow, 55 Days In Peking is on BBC2 at 12.30. This is the Nicholas Ray (and others) romantisised version of the Boxer Rebellion and, amazingly given my levels of research for Warring States, I've never seen it. I've read the original account called 55 Days in Peking, published in the 1920s, which was a rather dry and uncontextualised retelling of the Legation siege. So I'll be watching with terrified fascination: the film is not what you might call accurate so I may end up shouting at the TV a lot. Also, Charlton Heston is one of my least favourite actors (but it does have Niven as well so all is not entirely lost).

--
Posted @ 11:31 am on Saturday, May 21, 2005
| | #