main site
latest twittering
last fm playlist


 
blogroll

  
< # Blogging Brits ? >
< # Girls Blog UK ? >
< # Redhead Blogs ? >
< # Verbosity ? >

   
fads
latest del.icio.us

badges
Click here to find out why.
Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Listed on Blogwise
atom feed

Subscribe with Bloglines
Get Firefox!
The British Bloggers Directory.
 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com


  

Go West! Life is peaceful there...

Sunset, St IvesTo many of my up-country friends, I live in the sticks. Three hours from London? How can I survive? To prove how non-sticky Exeter is, I went three hours west for my writing break into what is these days called The Far West but which, having gone there often as a kid and being from a Cornish family, I still tend to call Penwith. When the largest town is a third the size of the Devon seaside town you scrambled to get away from as a teenager because it was so parochial and where you can stand in utter silence on a clifftop with no sounds of traffic or people? That is the sticks. And it's very very relaxing.



The photos are tagged, so you can look at, say, all the ones tagged "tate st ives" or "rocks". I've created a representative set with my own favourite photos if you want a short quick trip around the far west.
Sometime I'll organise them into sequential sets of each walk I did, ending, obviously, with the one of my boots going into retirement.

--
Posted @ 7:44 pm on Sunday, December 05, 2004
| | #