main site
latest twittering
last fm playlist


 
blogroll

  
< # Blogging Brits ? >
< # Girls Blog UK ? >
< # Redhead Blogs ? >
< # Verbosity ? >

   
fads
latest del.icio.us

badges
Click here to find out why.
Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Listed on Blogwise
atom feed

Subscribe with Bloglines
Get Firefox!
The British Bloggers Directory.
 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com


  

too close to call

or LJs of the Rich & Famous, penultimate part (I hope).

Thanks to GT for leaving notice that LJ has now set up redirects on multiple feeds. However they've redirected the updating feed account (moosifer_jones2) to the non-updating account (moosifer_jones). I've left a message to bubba, promising it'll be the last one, if he could just get them swapped. So, possibly, this is a big hello to the nineteen LJ subscribers who had thought I was being unusually hard-working and not blogging.



Last night I had the wonderful satisfaction of finishing a chapter rather sooner than expected and with less swearing than usual. I had overdone the keemun tea in the afternoon so maybe it was making my brain behave.

Tonight I would be further through my chapter but for a shop's security alarm going off for the last hour and undoing all the relaxing work of a good tai chi class.

PPH outlines his writing practises here, which accords with quite a few other writers I know. There must be freestyle writers out there, working without the map of an outline. I bitch a lot about the outline process, I loathe reducing the ideas down to some linear structure which strips all the imagery out to leave "person X confronts person Y", but I have to concede it is a wonderful guide once you embark on the actual writing. It's like a trail through a wood: you set off sure you've been down it before but wander off to see something new and interesting, only to then realise you're ankle-deep in leafmold and surrounded by trees you swear weren't there before. Then there's just the faint glimmer of the old path, trodden in a previous summer perhaps, and you regain your panicked senses and say "oh, yes, now I go this way".

We were late for tai chi tonight, but I feel like I'm really beginning to learn the path there. Our teacher asked a few of us to mentor others which created a panic in me. I'm not a born teacher and I wasn't 100% sure of the section we're practising. The suggestion did help me as it made the assumption that I knew this and just had to trust in my own knowledge. So I overcame my self-deprecation and learnt a little.

Oh good, someone has shut the damn alarm off. Except now I really want some more tea. I have some assam downstairs...

--
Posted @ 10:44 pm on Monday, November 01, 2004
| | #