main site
latest twittering
last fm playlist


 
blogroll

  
< # Blogging Brits ? >
< # Girls Blog UK ? >
< # Redhead Blogs ? >
< # Verbosity ? >

   
fads
latest del.icio.us

badges
Click here to find out why.
Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Listed on Blogwise
atom feed

Subscribe with Bloglines
Get Firefox!
The British Bloggers Directory.
 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com


  

Jon of Rogue Semiotics posted about the fact that del.icio.us changes blogging habits. Rather than hit the B for blogger button, I normally hit the del.icio.us link instead (actually, I use nutr.icio.us in order to get a list of my tags but that may be a little more than you cared to know). He suggests that:

the arrival of the del.icio.us bookmarking service has produced a throwback to the primordial state of blogging - link and comment.
Something I've noticed however, when I look at who else has added a particular URL or even look at the front page, is that del.icio.us users fall into one of two broad catagories: those who comment and those who don't. I suspect that a lot of the people who do comment are using the RSS feed of their links whilst the ones who don't...er....don't. That's not based on any substantial research obviously, or even on any cursory research. As a user, I'm more inclined to follow a del.icio.us link if it has a comment simply because I get a rough idea of what I am clicking on. I guess this all ties back to my obsession with mapping spaces: to me del.icio.us is partially about having an online favourites cache - which I guess is how non-commentators use it - but primarily about connecting people with pages and building a network of ideas.

--
Posted @ 9:43 am on Thursday, August 12, 2004
| | #