main site
latest twittering
last fm playlist


 
blogroll

  
< # Blogging Brits ? >
< # Girls Blog UK ? >
< # Redhead Blogs ? >
< # Verbosity ? >

   
fads
latest del.icio.us

badges
Click here to find out why.
Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Listed on Blogwise
atom feed

Subscribe with Bloglines
Get Firefox!
The British Bloggers Directory.
 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com


  

Clearly we need to live in a utopia in which writers get just the right weather to suit their requirements and never have to have a day job. As with the state sanctioned long holiday at the start of April, this weekend has been long(ish) and sunny. I have sunburn. It started with the 3-pint lunch on Friday at the Prospect pub and was hidden during the cocktail evening by my rather slinky purple silk top (with a mandarin collar). All yesterday during the day was spent in the garden, researching, and this afternoon was spent with another pub lunch after another long research morning. I am very pink. More importantly, I've broken the 1K+ words/day wall and simply raced away to the end of a long scene last night. I even considered forging ahead with the next scene but suspected it might all go pear-shaped and had an early night instead.

Meanwhile, I have frittered some time checking my referral links. My current favourite is Google Search: "denounced as promulgators" which led the googler to my post on John Wesley and Joanna Southcott. Just to bewilder google some more, here is a photo of a Wesleyan thing found in York back during the Jorvik meet:

Wesleyan sign


I have a odd little collection of these kinds of signs and I intend to make them into a photo archive at some point. I'm not even sure why I find them so curious. Perhaps because they are an attempt to write the history of a locale literally into the stone of that place? Here's another, which will go into the Exeter archive as well:

thou shalt not suffer a witch to live. apparently.


--
Posted @ 8:00 pm on Sunday, April 25, 2004
| | #