main site
latest twittering
last fm playlist


 
blogroll

  
< # Blogging Brits ? >
< # Girls Blog UK ? >
< # Redhead Blogs ? >
< # Verbosity ? >

   
fads
latest del.icio.us

badges
Click here to find out why.
Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Listed on Blogwise
atom feed

Subscribe with Bloglines
Get Firefox!
The British Bloggers Directory.
 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com


  

I suspect a lot of my friends, on hearing that a Lord of the Rings musical is being planned will think of Once More With Hobbits the online filk of the Buffy musical using events of the LotR. Any Buffy fan respects a filk that can produce:

GIMLI: Am I crazy?
LEGOLAS: Am I selfish?
GIMLI: Am I dating someone elvish?

No, my first thought was of another ridiculously long ring cycle, Der Ring des Nibelungen (is LotR a homage to Wagner?) and that immediately led me to the far shorter and funnier What's Opera, Doc?. One of Chuck Jones' finest shorts, and the first animation ever to be inducted into the American National Film Registry for being "among the most culturally, historically or aesthetically significant films of our time". So I have spent the entire afternoon quietly singing "Kill the hobbit! Kill the hobbit! kill the hobbit!" (wav of original here).

(news via the Big Smoker)

--
Posted @ 7:16 pm on Tuesday, March 16, 2004
| | #