main site
latest twittering
last fm playlist


 
blogroll

  
< # Blogging Brits ? >
< # Girls Blog UK ? >
< # Redhead Blogs ? >
< # Verbosity ? >

   
fads
latest del.icio.us

badges
Click here to find out why.
Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Listed on Blogwise
atom feed

Subscribe with Bloglines
Get Firefox!
The British Bloggers Directory.
 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com


  

Just New Year to go now. My best physical pressie was a talking Dalek from my eldest brother. Pressing a button and hearing "YOU ARE AN EN-E-MY OF THE DA-LEKS!" is obviously great fun. Best mental/spiritual pressie was from one of my friend's cats. I spent the actual Christmas holidays at said friend's house and Molly decided to take to me. She slept on my bed - or me - on the first night and curled up under the duvet in my arms on the second night. She also did the shoulder cat thing: you're slouched on the sofa watching James Bond save the world and wondering if that last triangle of giant white toblerone was such a wise move when the cat clambers all over you, settles across your shoulder/breastbone and starts purring.

Whilst visiting the parents, I got given a copy of several pages taken from their regular broadsheet about the return of Doctor Who. A Whole Lotta Nothing suggests that blogs are merely the latest evolution in the tradition of sending newspaper cuttings to people with a "I saw this and thought of you" note on it. Annoyingly, the Guardian Guide had a cute little article comparing blogs to trad diarists (using the recent BBC Pepys drama as an excuse to run through a list of do's and don'ts for blogging posterity) but haven't thought to link to it online. And they're the most new media savvy of the British papers?

--
Posted @ 11:51 pm on Monday, December 29, 2003
| | #